The buildup of scale and paraffin deposits in and around downhole production tubing and pumps represent a serious flow assurance challenge in many wells.
If left unchecked, the buildup will hinder pumping efficiencies and slow or stop the flow of produced fluids to surface. To get production back, the operator may have no choice but to perform a costly, time-consuming well intervention to clean out the well.
Dover Artificial Lift’s Paraffin/Scale Solutions
- Automated and Optimized Chemical Injection. Dover Artificial Lift’s iChem automated chemical optimization solution provides unprecedented control of chemical treatment rates. Scale and paraffin inhibitors can be precisely injected into the production stream to protect equipment, without fear of over- or underdosing. Easily integrated with existing equipment and SCADA systems, the iChem delivers more predictable protection with reduced field service and maintenance downtime.
- Rod Lift. Scale and paraffin chemical treatments are easily applied to rod-lifted wells, without the need to slow down production.
- Hydraulic Lift. For both jet and piston pumps, treatment chemicals can be easily applied to the power fluid to reduce buildup. The pumps are easily removed without the need for a workover or wireline rig, and can be cleaned in the field by one technician.
- ESPs. Chemical treatments are easily injected downhole to keep the ESP pump systems free of scale and paraffin buildup and maintain production at optimal rates.
- Plunger Lift. PCS Ferguson’s Solid Plungers or Bar Stock Plungers prevent paraffin from building up downhole to maintain production at optimal rates.
- Coiled Rod. With no couplings to act as deposition sites, our continuous coiled rod systems lower the rate of scale and paraffin buildup to keep production flowing freely for longer periods.